Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Television on its way

Did I finally take the mad flying leap off of the cliff of LCD TV ownership? Would I do that without consulting myself first? What do I mean by "Television on its way?" What else could I mean? Have I gotten that book on grammar yet?


First things first, I would not do that (order an LCD TV) without consulting myself first. Actually, if I convinced myself to spend $600 on a TV, I would rather spend my money on a DSLR camera, then I could mess with the settings until I could get pictures of a normal TV. I know my Mom's old camera could do it half of the time, and so can mine. I like the memories of photographing those dinosoids in Turok 2 more than I liked the game. A lot more. Remember how I was *SO* grateful I remembered to turn the flash off because I thought the enemy would see me?

Did I mention I love my camera? It's a...uhh....uhm...I am unable to locate my post about my new camera. You know, the Nikon Coolpix S10? No? Oh, fiddlesticks! I forgot to blog about it!? No way! No!

Well, I got it months ago. It was a sort of present of some kind, I suppose, as my Mom payed for half of it and I payed for the other half. It's technically a family camera, but I am the only one who takes pictures. Like this one of a helicopter passing over our house. And I mean right over. Like, 100-15o feet above and within 50 feet of being directly over.

Actually, let me edit this picture a bit. It's blurry.


Before:

After:

Ahh, modern technology.

It is a Nikon Coolpix S10. It's a P/S that has a swivel-head design. See a picture of the swivel head in the last photo here, where my Mom actually blogged about it. Gah, how could I not blog about my camera? It's hard to believe I've had it for three months now.


While I feel extremely robbed (for some reason) by a non-traditional design, the non-traditional design leads to great things. For example, if I wanted to take the below picture of some items I have hallowed, I would have had to get on a step ladder. But my camera allows me to swivel the lens so I was able to hold it directly above the items, yet still see the LCD viewfinder. OK, so I could just take blind pictures from above without seeing the viewfinder, but it'd take lots of longsuffering. There are all sorts of other uses, as well. If I wanted to photograph my eye, I could look through the viewfinder while I did it. I can even look through the LCD viewfinder to see what's on top of high shelves, something ordinary cameras could only do through taking pictures then reviewing the pictures.

(I was unable to upload the Hallowed Items picture due to blogger technical difficulty).

The one problem? There's no normal, non-LCD viewfinder. I guess that's a problem. I wear glasses, so I can't (or rather, it's hard to) use those for me, thus it works out. It's a 10x optical zoom, which is very neat. Then, add digital zoom, and I can take pictures like the one below. Very, extremely far from amazing, but I like it considering I know nothing about moonophotography.


That isn't a real word/term.



How did I get talking about my camera? Oh, right. DSLR. Anyways, I ordered a new satellite box (receiver), thus the "television" on its way. Yes. The dreaded time-sucker satellite will soon be restored to power. I'm going to attempt to watch nothing but Star Trek: Voyager, Christian programs (Les Feldick, Christian Movies mainly), and Walker: Texas Ranger. Those are honestly the only programs I care about. Perhaps one or two I may have forgotten ("I am human, after all, after the fall, so I forget" is one of my catchphrases I never get to use).

I also ordered a copy of Chuck Norris' book Against All Odds. It's probably got a fist hidden in it which at some point pelts you good. We'll see.

No comments: