Yes, I am going to expand my vocabulary, and you're going to do it with me. I added it this morning, and it has a neat word currently. Flaneur. Heh heh heh. Firefox's built-in dictionary doesn't even know what it is.
I don't actually like Dictionary.com, mostly due to the overwhelmingly useful feature that Firefox allows (you know what tabbed browsing is, right? If not, you're losing out on everything you've ever loved). It's a quick-working type of abbreviated URL to Answers.com, my most favorite dictionary. Why is it my most favorite "dictionary?" Simply, it includes thesaurus, dictionary, word tutor, and most of all...Wikipedia. It also includes other things such as medical dictionaries, computer dictionaries, science dictionaries, etc.
To get to it, you simply open a new tab in Firefox (Ctrl+T), then type "dict new hampshire" in the URL area. (link) "dict" stands for dictionary. What's cool is that I've for years and years typed "dict" to get the Dictionary.com drop-down URL selection to come up. So it is completely natural to me.
I think you'll quickly see Answers.com's superiority. Anyway...enough proselytizing for Firefox. OH, I know, I'll talk bad on it to make up. Occasionally, for seemingly no reason, Firefox takes up so many system resources it has to have the entire computer dedicated to it to run it. This lasts for a few days and happens once every 2.5-3 months. It feels like the world has ended but then it's mysteriously over.
Flaneur: an aimless idler.
Edit: Oh yeah. The widget is located at Dictionary.com's site (it's difficult to find, so just click the link. Go ahead), and you just add it to your page elements (you select HTML/JavaScript as your element type then enter the code).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment