I was thinking what I would want for Christmas. Me and my mom are planning a new family tradition of exchanging gifts on New Year's. The only thing that came to mind- except a copy of Metroid: Fusion for the GBA- was a camera tripod. I know what you're saying. "Kev, you already have a tripod."
And you're right to say that, humble fool. However, I do not have a miniature tripod. Many times, I simply wish I could place my camera and tripod on the hood of the car to take pictures, and I really don't enjoy dragging a huge tripod around- so I don't. But you never know when old friends show up and desperately want to be seen with you, so it's good to be prepared. I think. Honestly, it's never happened, but it could.
The idea is nothing new. A lot of things are miniaturized. There are small fans, small coins, small plates, small crock pots, small computers, and small discs. There are even small cameras. Thus, small tripods! Like the one pictured at right, call the Octopod. Clever. See how awesome it is? I estimate a raw base awenem rating of at least 10%. After refining, I estimate awesome at 40%!See how it wraps around the tree branch? It's so certainly a scam picture it isn't even funny, but me, I believe it. It has such a small mount, it could actually be left on my camera, and my camera would retain its full swivel-headed functionality when the tripod is enacted. (I could be wrong, though.)
So, when the question arises, dear reader, of what to get me for Christmas, just look to Metroid: Fusion or this camera tripod, from some place called Mikhailtech that I do not know for certain is a real company. Link to product page.
It also seems as if it would mount on a steering wheel or door knob or even a door with its window rolled down. I like it. My camera weighs 255 grams, so it'll fit the tripod by 25 grams.
Edit: Oh, yeah...the only other thing I'd want would be a new laptop AC power cord, like this one that's assuredly not going to catch on fire and burn the house down like generic items.
No comments:
Post a Comment