Thursday, December 13, 2007

Stingrays and Kev takes a break

Much has been said about these ferocious beings. Some say they swim underwater. Some say they sting things. Some say that up to 80% of them are nicknamed "Ray." It's a widely accepted fact that they are weird looking.


I had the chance to photograph some stingrays today. Here are the awesome picz I took manq!


Can you see it?! Yeah! Right there next to the ominous, cloudy cloud!

I didn't think the pictures would come out so clearly!



Obviously I am lying. Below are the real pictures. The one above did not come out for some reason. Everyone in the crowd was going, "Oh, Kev'll never get pictures of the stingrays, he's going to fail!"

After which they, of course, began chanting "Fail! Fail! Fail! Fail!"...even the strangers joined in. It was the thing to do, I suppose. All the cool kids were doing it.



The one above has some sort of problem with its "wing" (see the chip out of it). It's also a lot darker than the others. Perhaps it's the oldest, or perhaps it's the evilest, or perhaps it's the "darker gray stingray" of the bunch. That was a play on "black sheep," by the way.

I saw one other stingray with the same problem, but it was not as dark. They look like mice who chew the tails off of their siblings when they're babies...I didn't see any little fishes, but the picture below proves that there were little fishes.





The stingray in the above picture was a very large stingray. The smaller ones went around, and around, and around, and abound, in a large cyclonic kind of underwater racetrack.

But these just stayed on the bottom...flat. Moving ever so slowly. Below, the same stingray is pictured with a miniature shark thing.



I suggest looking at the above picture in another window. You know, expanding it. Look at the scowl on its face. I wonder what it's like to permanently have a scowl on your face? I know, I'll ask my WIFE! AHahahahaha...I am kidding, I do not have a wife, but it sure would've been a good joke.

I stopped taking pictures after this. The crowd worked its way around to realizing I was actually getting the pictures, and changed their chant from "Fail! Fail!" to "PUSH HIM IN, PUSH HIM IN," and I didn't want to stick around to see if they'd really push me in. I had my camera on the tripod, and I would set the timer on the camera, then hold it a few feet out over the water...sort of like those guys who hold microphone out on poles for important speeches. I am sure I looked important, they were jealous, and thus wanted to push me in, where I would promptly die. That's what they wanted.




I will be taking a short break from the internets. I'm going to try to not open the computer for 4 days. That is, until 4 AM on Monday, the 17th. If you need to contact me, you can go through the normative channels, such as emailing my mom, who can be reached via her blog, Life is a Conundrum.

No comments: