Friday, December 28, 2007

Do you know what a keep case is?

I didn't.

I do now.


No, it isn't slang for "suitcase." Believe me, if the younger generation is going to invent slang terms, it is NOT going to relate to business as much as suitcases do, especially in a positive light. No, apparently, a keep case is that Here is the sickeningly sweet, butterfly infested tag of Things I Love dandy plastic case that video games come in. Oh, I guess DVDs come in them, too, but why do DVDs or movies deserve a mention? If you don't already know my feelings about movies and other entertainment media, notice that movies, music, television programs, and DVDs combined only have 36 tags, whilst video games have 66. I really, really dislike movies. Really. Like, really. I could say 'really' five more times in varying ways, but you get the idea.

In fact...do you know what IMDb is? Internet Movie Database? Well, they're complete, total cult-freaks. They know who every single extra is. If a movie shows the planet earth from space, then they have to list the many billions of "extras" shown; usually 2-3 billion depending on how wide the shot is and if it's mostly ocean and if there are clouds.

To boot, they create a "profile" for each person. Then, if the same section of the earth is used in another movie, that "extra"- who is not shown in any way, shape or form, but is simply thought to live in the section of the planet shown- is claimed to have "extra'd" in that movie. Confusing and unnecessary, isn't it? It is. It is.

Taking that into account, it is no marvel that they have A LIST OF DVDS IN KEEP CASES. God knows why they need this information. I assume it's useful for their cult practices. Here is the link: IMDb packaging: Keep Case.

I just found out what a keep case is today whilst looking at Wikipedia. Video games come in them, and Xbox games come in lime green colored keep cases. Made me get a creepy feeling when I saw them. Like, verbal "Ooohgah!" expressed in a color...a green color.


I love keep cases. I'll tell the world right now. Before them, I could keep no packaging. I have 1 instruction booklet (SSB), and 1-2 old N64 game boxes (they're in the Shed of Death). Compare that with the 20+ instruction booklets and 22+ game boxes I have for Gamecube (any I don't have boxes for is due to them being sold without them).

The only box I really currently use (that is, "that is not lost") is my Metroid: Zero Mission box, soon to be sealed in a ziptop bag so that nothing bad will ever happen to it...ever. My own little "everlasting covenant," if you get my meaning. Aside from Metroid games, I really see no purpose to having cardboard boxes, and it seems as if they would just complicate matters. You know, it'd be sort of like driving a car with an empty trailer. It's like, fine, but...it doesn't need to be there. It decreases your gas mileage, and stuff.

Shouldn't be too long before the DS and GBA games I ordered arrive. I'm 1/5th through The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. I have these feelings...they're like...man, if I'm only 1/5th through the game, why have I already experienced more awesome than is found in most games?

Yes, that sums up my feelings on the matter quite well. That mailman is such a dork. Oh, and I discovered that apparently Zoras do have breasts. There'll be an upcoming post focusing on the cleavage and breast content of Twilight Princess. Apparently there's an entire post's worth? And I'm only 1/5th through the game?

No comments: