Friday, December 07, 2007

The Bad of the Sleep: The Two Dreams

Get it? The title is a play on "The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers."

So, today, I had some horrific sleep. I was out either by 12:00 or 1:00 AM (I cannot tell, as I don't have any form of time-telling in my room), and I slept until 11:30 AM. First, I overslept, so that made it bad sleep enough already. But second, my sleep was riddled with bad/unnerving/stressful dreams.

First, I had a dream that me and my entire church got "left behind." There was a whole lot of chaos; the best I can gather, I was in a hotel for some reason (Pastor was there, too), and it got the toast bombed out of it. Floors were falling sideways and stuff. The power went out.

And we started, or I started (I had the feeling implied that I was not alone?) thinking I got left behind and this was the chaos brought about by the fluttering away of my assumed brothers. Then, I got a note from Pastor. He was writing them up, and having people deliver them all around; he was several floors below mine.

In his note, he spoke of something about "blue." Like, this is the "blue plague" Paul spoke of. Of course, I have no idea what blue could have meant. But the verses he supplied were Romans 1:28-32:

28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:
32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.


Whew. I remembered them because they're the ones directly right of Romans 1:19-22 in my Bible. So, that's what we had done to get God to "bomb the toast out of us." Then I woke up.


This dream was a refreshing reprieve from the usual dreams which have Pastor in them. Typically, in a dream with him starring, I'm slowly discovering he's the Antichrist. In one dream, I found his Yuri-like cloning vats and mind control equipment in a room adjacent to the room (on the 40th story of a big, dark/black building) he was preaching in!

In another dream, I was going on an investigation to find out if he was, in fact, the Antichrist. I forget that one, actually. Then there was another that I mostly forget, except that it used a recurring dream-backdrop.




The second dream was in an Austin Power's type setting, I think, but I've never watched anything Austin Powers, and I only know that he's a 007 parody and one of his enemies made a clone of himself that was real short.


In the dream, I was shackled up to a wall with some woman whom I did not see and who didn't seem particularly vocal (perhaps it was Natalya Simonova; she doesn't tend to talk much in the N64 version). The villain was going to do something to me. Then, Adam and Eve (so-called because he cloned them and considered them the first of his new "clean race") set us free. We then adopted Adam and Eve as our son and daughter (I guess me and the woman were married at this point?), and then we became The X's. Oh, the embarrassment. We rushed after the bad guy. See Wikipedia here explaining what a "The X's" is.

Oooh. Ooog. The raw embarrassment...anyway, but I got caught up with some security drones. They looked like Elysian Shriekbats (from Metroid Prime 3). But they moved differently, like the racers from F-zero, but in a loop, sort of like the one the Naboo Starfighter from Star Wars: Rogue Squadron can do. Notice how I used 3 video games to explain something? That's called "confusing matters." For the record, I've never played F-zero. It is on the VC, maybe I'll consider it. Basically just Star Wars: Episode 1 Racer right? All I know is that that Captain Falcon is in it.

Oh...you know...I never knew who Samus was? I mean...wow. She turned up in SSB, but I did not pay heed. God do so to me, and more also.

Uhh, anyway, we ran into the other room, and there were a bunch of villains ripe for the beating on. It was a casino-type setting, more like Super Mario Sunshine's casino area than a normal casino. I chased down the villain, but his miniature clone (or sidekick, whatever) kept getting in my way. I finally turned my efforts on him, but he was too short to successfully hit.

So...naturally...we got in a Piano contest. Yeah, this is how my dreams go. We make compromises sometimes. I was playing one, he was playing the other. Then, a big guy came up to interrupt us. He was huge. Or maybe I was shorter than I am now, but he seemed 8 foot tall. Regardless, I got some kind of gadget out of the Piano, which looked like 4...what do you call them...oh darn. I forget what they're called. Anyway, it's pictured at right. You know those things the idiots in the band who can't play instruments clang together, and they go "BING!"? The handle allows it to swivel, and it weighed around 15 pounds. It was located in the piano chair.

I whacked the guy in the head with it. I can only assume he went down, as he ceased as a target. Then I whipped it at the little guy, who luckily just rounded a corner. I began laughing, because before he got around the corner he smashed into a display. Yes, I guess we were in a casino/piano hall/food store. I thought, "Man, if that had hit the little dude, it would have killed him." Then I woke up.

And here I am.


Alone. There's a possible storm blowing in. I'm going to delete my 14 GB restore backup (it's useless anyways- how could I use it to restore if my computer is dead?), and then load 9 GB worth of pictures from my mom's computer using a 2 GB SD card. Nothing under this sleeve...nothing under that one!

No comments: