Let's begin with my thoughts on winter, shall we?
For me, the winter season is very special. For one, it's the best season of all. It's the Samus Aran of seasons. Now, I'll be the first to tell you that some of my best seasons are fall, spring and summer, but we all know that's just an excuse because I am really seasonist.
It's just now starting to get cold enough outside for our indoor temperature to be effected; we have "HeatWave Max No Cool Burn Box Brick Oven Taste of Hell" classified insulation (because we live in Arizona and totally need good insulation :| ), and I love it. Uhh, that it's getting so cold, that is. I do not love the insulation. It is hard to believe that some actually do not like winter [link to a blog for Hudson Community Chapel, titled "winter splinter", and an article from The Southern Illinoisan], but I totally, honestly understand, as long as they totally, honestly understand that I despise summer.
In that light, I don't know if I could ever live in an area where the winter season caused me to hate it. In Arizona, it's still very cold (under 10 degrees in the mornings; I know this is child's play to colder states, but so is their 90 degree summer!), but it isn't cold enough to despise the winter. Unless, of course, you're my dad. Oh, how my dad hates winter. He doesn't pick flowers for, and meet the parents of, summer, either, but he doesn't hate it as much as winter.
In fact, here are my dad's feelings about winter, portrayed by a photo I took of Paper Mario.
Paper Mario had some truly amazing character dialogue. I am unsure of their method, but it is by far the best I've seen. I haven't seen too much, though.
Yes, pa, we know you hate winter. But I love it. Perhaps people are born to love different seasons. A personality issue. Regardless, I like winter a whole, whole lot. The tinge of coldness in the air that somehow cannot be recreated in such subtle tones by merely turning the thermostat down...The knowledge that anything you do outside will be ten times easier than it is in the summer (and how!)...
The water coming out of the tap at a nice temperature...
The bone-chilling effects of rain...the freezing despair...then being able to heat back up...
Going to sleep, warm under the covers...not being able to move for fear of losing the pockets of heat that have accumulated in the blanket...
Wearing clothes that should be worn in summer and freaking people out (they all wear sweaters like GIRLS!)...
Actually being able to drink hot beverages, like actual humans...but choosing to drink cold beverages because why not!...how chilly ice cream seems...
Christmas lights up everywhere...Christmas songs (I am partial to Todd Agnew and Friend's Do You See What I See album)...
My parents' dog, Little Jihad, waking me up to go outside...
The sheer base awenem of winter. More recently, it means I can play Twilight Princess again! Woo! Princess party over he-......I mean...ouhm...that is...I meant to say...
...manly...party... over here. Yes. With uh, razors, and ...power tools. And sports on the TV. Yes, uh, manly party over here...er...with...fast cars and...beer nuts...and......uhh...lawn mowers. Yeah, nothing but manliness over at this party, no princesses allowed. No marshmallows. Lots of sandpaper, and footballs everywhere.
In ending, randomly, I suggest this post from my blog- "That Dead My Great Grandmother Again." I did a search of my blog, and it came up, and I was laughing over it. Boy, she had a scorpion farm or something. And uh, Pastor was feeling a little..."hellfire" around the collar that day.
No comments:
Post a Comment