Thursday, December 27, 2007

The Little Birdy

Everyone welcome the "TMI" tag, for information about my life. Such as this post or a post about flies or a post about how I hate merging onto freeways with people who think they can make it doing 40 MPH. You know, they have faith that they can make it...their faith isn't wrong, what they're believing in is.


Every so often, a bird flies into our covered, sealed porch. It's harder for it to get out (on occasion they do escape); the dogs leap high off the outer deck to try and get it- their efforts are futile, but it scares the bird, and there is usually one or two cats in there trying to get the little guy. I usually hear about it, because the dogs make a racket and so do the cats.

Usually within 5-10 minutes the bird exhausts itself to the point that it is caught by a cat, at which point I strangle the cat until it drops the bird into my hand. This can happen several times as, often, I can't catch the bird fast enough from the feline jaws. The cats don't seem to mind being man-handled and strangled, having their prey taken from them, and being dropped nonchalantly as I begin the capturing process again, so that's good.

So, after I finally acquire the target, I take it inside and let it chill (out of the side, as the youth say, not "ice" chill) until it gets its breath, then release it out the opposite door. This one had yellow on it. See pictures, below.

No comments: