One of my mom's freak friends- those are the only kinds of friends she has- sent payment for a small amount of kefir grains. Kefir grains culture kefir. It's like yogurt. My mom charges around $4 per batch.
I usually check the mail. Coincidentally, her friends usually only send $3, unless they send a check, then it usually remains $4. But this week, one of them sent only $2. Coincidentally, I found a $2 bill. In the yard, of course. Great coincidence.
CNN also says that the $2 bill is real in this article, New $2 bill series from June 12th, 2003. I need to spend around $800 in video games to outlast the coming economic collapse, apparently.
Furthermore, the government confirms the $2 bill's reality here.
Question: Why did the Treasury Department remove the $2 bill from circulation?/
Answer: The $2 bill has not been removed from circulation and is still a circulating denomination of United States paper currency. The Federal Reserve System does not, however, request the printing of that denomination as often as the others. The Series 2003 $2 bill was the last printed and bears the names of former Secretary of the Treasury John W. Snow and Treasurer Rosario Marin. As of April 30, 2007 there were $1,549,052,714 worth of $2 bills in circulation worldwide.
I don't know about that. This bill does not have Rosario Marin's name on it. It has Anna Escobedo Cabral's name on it. John W. Snow's name is on it, sure enough, but not Rosario Mario's. Oh, no I didn't!
This bill is from the 2003 Series A. I can't believe it's already the 30th. I can't believe it's already 12:30!
2 comments:
Kev,
I haven't seen a two dollar bill in some time, maybe two years. I forget when they were introduced, but they were very common for a while and then just dissapeared. If you come across a 3 or 4 dollar bill it's fake, but two is ok.
That reminds me, the reason I thought the $2 bill was fake was because I saw a $3 bill once displayed in a store.
According to the article, the $2 bill goes pretty far back (1928), and $2 as a currency amount goes way back (June 25 1776). From the article from CNN:
The current $2 bill bears the likeness of Thomas Jefferson on the front, and a scene of the signing of the Declaration of Independence on the back. The first series with Jefferson's portrait appeared in 1928. But the $2 bill as a currency unit goes back to June 25, 1776, when the Continental Congress ordered the first series in the denomination.
Unrelated: boy, did you see the hipsters in church last night? I stopped to take a few pictures and WHAM, 3 new teenage hipsters appear to take my place!
Post a Comment