Saturday, January 19, 2008

Video Game List

As of December 26th, 2007, I have the following games. I also have SNES and NES, but very few games for either, and I do not consider them needful of mention. Sorry, guys. I only have SMB3 for NES. Edit 08/04/08: I decided to add the SNES titles.


For the SNES (let's call it 9 games):

  • Battletoads / Double Dragon
  • Donkey Kong Country
  • Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest
  • Super Mariokart
  • Super Mario World (two copies)
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
  • WWF: Royal Rumble
  • A Game Genie
  • A Super Game Boy with the Gameboy game Pokemon Blue



For the N64 (23 games):
  • Banjo-Kazooie (did not keep my attention, so did not play; may attempt again at later date)
  • Battletanx: Global Assault
  • Cruise 'n World (otherwise known as "the only video game my dad has ever played", racing game)
  • Diddy Kong Racing (goofy graphics did not keep my attention, so did not play; will attempt again at later date)
  • Donkey Kong 64
  • Goldeneye 007 (A+, I have two copies)
  • Killer Instinct Gold (my token fighting game)
  • Mario Kart 64
  • Paper Mario (A+, for reals)
  • Perfect Dark (A+, Goldeneye's "spiritual sequel")
  • Star Fox 64 (lasts 3 hours and really, really sucks; for some reason people like it)
  • Star Wars: Episode One Racer
  • Star Wars: Rogue Squadron
  • Super Mario 64 (A+)
  • Super Smash Bros. (A+)
  • The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask (A+)
  • The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (A+)
  • The World is Not Enough, 007
  • Turok: Dinosaur Hunter (have not played, may not)
  • Turok 2: Seeds of Evil (A+, it's incredible, but the saves are too far apart and ruin it)
  • Turok 3: Shadow of Oblivion (too short, too generic, just like Turok: Evolution was)
  • Vigilante 8: 2nd Offense (A+)
  • WWF Warzone (my token wrestling game)



For the Gamecube (25):
  • Conflict: Desert Storm (A+; coveted team-based FPS)
  • Custom Robo
  • Dragon Ball Z: Budokai (brother's game; come on, it's DBZ. It sucks.)
  • Dragon Ball Z: Budokai 2 (brother's game; come on, it's DBZ. It sucks.)
  • Enter the Matrix (A; but the "Hard" difficulty takes all the fun out of it)
  • Everything or Nothing, 007 (generic shooter with all the Bond girls of a Bond movie, consarn it)
  • Freedom Fighters (A; memorable "squad"-based shooter)
  • Mario Party 6
  • Mega Man Anniversary Collection (8-bit games tend to confound me, I did not play past first level)
  • Metroid Prime (A+, with Echoes bonus disc!)
  • Metroid Prime 2: Echoes (A+, easily in my top 5 favorite games)
  • Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit 2 (boring+repetitive gameplay = racing games)
  • Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door (A+, an extraordinarily cool game)
  • Star Wars: Rogue Squadron: Rogue Leader (A)
  • Super Mario Sunshine (A+)
  • Super Smash Bros. Melee (I have no one to play it with; otherwise, A+)
  • Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell (A+)
  • Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow (A+)
  • Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory (A+)
  • Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six 3 (I did not have the patience to complete it)
  • The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker (A+, a great Zelda game in its own right)
  • The Simpsons: Hit and Run (it's sort of fun at first, but it gets very boring, plus the Simpsons suck)
  • Turok: Evolution (difficult generic shooter with few Turok elements; the enemies all have guns)
  • X-Men Legends (A+ if you have a partner or three, somewhat boring otherwise; no split screens for co-op play)
  • X-Men Legends II: Rise of Apocalypse (A+; see above)

For the Wii (8):
  • Bleach: Shattered Blade (my brother's game; I think it's pretty short, and it probably sucks)
  • Call of Duty 3 (A; short, fun campaign; Wii makes shooting fun)
  • Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 2 (A; the Wii makes this game good)
  • Metroid Prime 3: Corruption (A+; it's Samus Aran and it's Nintendo first-party!)
  • Ratatouille (My brother struck again. It's actually decent due to the Wii. Amazing, isn't it? The Wii, I mean.)
  • Super Paper Mario (A+, very nice)
  • Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Double Agent (A+; though, the Wii controls don't add that much)
  • The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (A+; it's Zelda and it's Nintendo first-party!)


For the DS (4)/DS's GBA (3):

DS:
  • New Super Mario Bros. (B; the game physics are not a little annoying, but the graphics are great)
  • Metroid Prime: Hunters (B+; it has amazing cutscenes, but it's somewhat tedious; it lasts at least 7.5 hours, and it's a Metroid game!)
  • Pokemon: Pearl Version (lasts 65+ hours; online battles and trading, neither of which I did; pretty decent gameplay, but it gets oh so tedious unless you dedicate your life to it)
  • Age of Empires: the Age of Kings (A; very fun turn-based strategy; it's quite a long game (you won't be playing at red lights, that's for sure): I am halfway through and have spent 15-20 hours as of January 19th, 2007)

GBA:
  • Metroid: Zero Mission (A+; wow is all I can say: three hours of raw base awenem pwnage with a side of ezpk! Tax! Tax, please!)
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (A+)
  • Final Fantasy I & II: Dawn of Souls (see 12/31/07 UL)


SNES: 9 games
N64: 23 games
Gamecube: 25 games
Wii: 8 games
DS: 4 games
GBA: 3 games





UL- update log: Originally posted December 26th.
  1. December 26th, 2007; added Super Paper Mario to Wii list, as it was in another room. Props to my mom for reminding me.
  2. December 31st, 2007: bought Final Fantasy I & II: Dawn of Souls off of Half.com Dec. 26th. Arrived Dec. 31st, after 5 days.
  3. January 19th, 2008: added Age of Empires: the Age of Kings. I bought it on December 31st; I regretted to make note of when it arrived.
  4. August 4th, 2008: added the library of SNES games, and corrected the number of GBA games.

No comments: