Tuesday, January 22, 2008

That Desk is really Mine

Remember when I said I needed a desk? What? You don't?

...



Don't you pay any attention at all? I mentioned it in my post on the 20th, when we were at church, and had brought the refreshments.

Anyway, I need one because there's no place for me to really listen to sermons. In my room, at least- there's 2 or 3 places in the living room. I could just listen and take notes and read verses (and there's probably a "bathroom break" application as well) on my computer, but...well, that's just not the same. I don't memorize where the verses are in my Bible, and I can't, in a futile manner, scribble notes I won't use ever again, on and on.

My conclusion is, I need a desk. My brother has two. I went into his room to scout them out today. Here's the first one.



Yes, that is a 4-bottle gift box of hot sauce. And yes, that is an unused litter box. And yes, that is a 19.2 volt cordless drill that should be in the living room, and yes that is an unused SpongeBob lamp, and yes that is a penny, and, yes, that is the platinum/silver Gamecube we got a while back that clicks ominously to replace our old black Gamecube that got bricked somehow (I think something burned out, actually- not a software bricking). I don't think I'd need a desk this big.

Now, below is my old desk. I used to sit at this desk years back, and me and my brother would play SSB (N64), Battletanx, and Donkey Kong 64. I remember we had to get the...RAM upgrade, I think, for DK64.

If you didn't know, the DK rap owns. Remember that post I mentioned it in? I remember it, too.


There it is, in all its glory. It used to have a chair to go with it, but bad things happened to it.

You see, I figure, if you put something outside, and it is destroyed, God does not want you to have it. Cars. Cars don't get destroyed from being outside, God wants us to have cars. Chairs? They get waterlogged and die. God does not want us to have chairs. Dirt? Dirt is made to live outside. God wants us to have dirt.


Now I've just got to figure a way to take it from him while he's not looking and blame it on Wall Smurfs...or I could just go check a Savers or a Goodwill and see if they have one I can have in exchange for some inky paper.

I guess you could call this post a Desk Update. Thus the Updategrade tag.

No comments: