Friday, January 11, 2008

Crouching Spider, Dead Spider; thanks mom, and All the Strength of Hercules

Yesterday I made Jew Food Challah Bread Vegetable Sandwiches. I messed up the mayo sauce, so they weren't too extraordinary. See, when I went to get a bowl to make it in...


I found THAT pesky critter in it, wallowing in its own inability to climb the sides! At first, I considered just setting the bowl in the oven and turning it to broil, but then my heart warmed with tender love.



So instead of broil it, I just crushed it with a piece of aluminum foil. I have no idea how I managed to mess up the sandwiches as bad as I did. The spider must have cursed me.



In other news, today I went to work with my dad. It's pretty miserable work, as it's so dusty in the house...man, just glad my mom didn't have to go. If you've ever laid cheap imitation wooden flooring? Yeah. Now, imagine laying cheap, imitation, DISASSEMBLED wood flooring. They took it apart where the house divided in two, and it's yucko. Half of the pieces are broken, so we have to go buy new pieces, and they're not gonna match, so we'll have to make it look "designed" to not match.
Also, all the king's horses and all the king's men couldn't put that tile back together again (they tried really hard, too), so me and my dad will have to do it by replacing some of it with new tile. That also does not match. The wonders of work.

While there, struggling to get one of the "slats" of wood into place (it's 7 inches by 4 feet), the floor suddenly- somehow, neither me or my dad can figure it out- was moved my impossible force and somehow shifted. Now, instead of a that-is-too-tight-the-floor-is-bowing-from-the-tight-fit fit, it was a 1/8" crack! My dad exclaimed, "Whoa! That took all the strength of Hercules!" and we both started laughing. I mean, I learned the definition of "rofl" today.

It's like my own personal form of "OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND!" We went to a Whataburger afterwards (I don't like Whataburger), and I said, "Man, ALL the strength of Hercules," and we started laughing. Soon, the whole place was looking at us. And HE wonders why I don't like going into restaurants. He just has to use the bathroom anytime, anywhere, universally, so that's his motivation to go in. It's the overactive bladder and 4 pots of coffee. Really, though...how he said it, "That took"...as in, it WAS all the strength of Hercules that made it move. It was the only thing with enough force.




Once I got home, I discovered- to my fantastic amazement- that my mom cleaned my room! Fantastic amazement! It almost makes me wish I hadn't written the post for this Sunday (look at me, mom! I'm beginning to make blog posts to post on days I won't have time to post, like a person with a brain!). She said it took her 1 hour. How amazed I was! Really, fantastic and amazed both fit!

I still am not over it. MOM, I LOVE YOU, THANKS. Hey...wait! Wait! Wait a minute! STOP THE PRESSES! I just had to admit my room was dirty! Darn it! How'd I let that happen?! Darn it!!! SHE TRICKSED (sic) US!

No comments: