Once I got there, things turned out great. I think Pastor could tell I was a little down. He probably thought my dog died or something, because he knows I absolutely love rain, and if I'm still in the dumps while it's raining- (it was raining last Sunday)- it's a clear indicator something dear to me died. Except this week. This week, I just did not sleep well.
[For my records, I also discovered this week that doctrine and/or the Bible are the only topics that universally throw our family into arguments.]
Pastor once more reminded us that we're having a soup dinner next Sunday...we've decided that we're bringing Rattlesnake Stew. We have the meat from a rattler we killed sometime back; it was a year or so ago, at least. It was a clean kill; you'll note it did not bite itself like either of the two snakes I blogged about (first and second).
Now, I am unsure if them biting themselves is bad- they obviously do it as some last-ditch effort to kill us- but regardless, I would rather not risk it with my church pals. If you think about it, if you bring any less than your absolute best (i.e., hold back the best for yourself), why bother to bring anything at all? So we'll bring rattlesnake. Only the best for them.
I figure we'll make beef or chicken stew, then just add the rattlesnake meat. They'll be so excited! Now, Mrs. Bruckner said that she wouldn't go to church if I brought a rattlesnake in, but it will only be a partial rattlesnake. And she doesn't have to eat it.
You know what?
I'm going to go milk, then do some work in MoviePlus. Oh, I'll also cook dinner first. We're having shrimp and ham put into The Joy of Cooking's version of Chinese fried rice. I'll make my brother...something. Off I go.
OK, I am back several hours later. Dinner somehow worked out. I did not add the shrimp, but froze it to add to...something. I made the idiotic mistake of letting it sit in the fridge for a day. Actually, three days. Time flies!
Also, I worked for more than three hours (4 hours atm), and I produced this neat video you should watch. It is 4 minutes long- 4 minutes and two-thirds of a second. It is 13 MB in size.
I'll provide a 3.5 MB, slightly lower quality video for my fans at the bottom of the post (it's almost as high quality as the 13 MB video, so if you have restrictions, the one at the bottom is OK.) Here comes the disclaimer...wait for it...
WARNING! VIDEO SHOWS RATTLESNAKE BEING KILLED! GRAPHIC AND CREEPY! WARNING!
That came out better than I thought. Aren't you proud of what my feeble toiling produced?
Time to be frank. I need to edit Bess's wedding footage. It's been ...3 months now, and I typically do not procrastinate this badly. She made the mistake of not pressuring me into editing it, but she shouldn't have to pressure me for me to do it, right? But I do not work well when left to easily forget things!
I learned how to use the program- MoviePlus 5- a while back. I chronicled it in these two posts: Bess' Wedding #1: It Begins and Bess' Wedding #2: Come to me, my baby!
I really like Metroid. I'll need to make a post on that sometime, as it fascinates even me.
Please, let me know how it loaded for you. It loads fine for me...but you can never tell with these things. Below is the promised low-size movie for dialup users. See, I'm trying to be helpful...oh drat...it won't upload. OK, new plan- if you need a lower size video, email me, and I'll upload one for you specially. It's almost midnight, and I don't want to miss this day's post. Sorry, guys.
2 comments:
BTW: this was the Second Rattlesnake of the Season. I took the video and pictures with my Nikon S10.
These are the videos the computer wouldn't play at the Wednesday Bible study. They were in Real player format, but MoviePlus took care of that.
It loaded perfectly for me, but I'm at work with super fast DSL... I'll try it again when I get home. TM
Post a Comment