I haven't been getting much sleep, lately. I was playing Final Fantasy I&II (I was grinding right before Tiamat, leveling and hunting for Death Machines) about a week ago, and I was also listening to sermons by our pastor. 5 hours later, after intensive concentration, the series was over, and I had encountered like 10 Death Machines and leveled to 95+. I thought maybe it was 11 PM, or midnight...but no, it was going on 2 AM!
I slumped out of bed, because I had to go pee. YOU try listening to someone blather for 5 hours! It's the frequency, or something... it does mysterious things to bladders. It makes me think of Gandrayda...that poor girl. You ever notice how whenever you despise something, you sometimes turn to having a real soft spot for it in your heart, more so than if you didn't hate it at one point?
Ever since that 5-hour session, I've been able to concentrate a lot better. In fact, I got up that morning only 3.5 hours after I went to sleep. Normally, when I get up after 3.5 hours of sleep, I fall back asleep. Now I was able to remind myself to stay awake successfully.
Now, I don't completely credit my ability to function on less sleep to the 5-hour marathon of sermons (this could also be rabid worker syndrome); I partway credit it to GIANT LEATHERY DOG MONSTERS JUMPING OUT OF PEOPLE AND THREATENING TO KILL OTHERS THEN REACHING AND TRYING TO SHRED THEM AND STUFF.
...well, actually, the 5-hour marathon did seem to be the thing that did wonders for my concentration. The giant leather werewolf demon just caused necessity. But we'll see how this "not getting much sleep thing" pans out.
I have talked about how I'd need to condition myself to be able to stay awake for 3 hours for the Bible conference, and this seems to be the way to do it. Q&A ran 3 hours, and it barely seemed like anything. The Sunday sermon ran about an hour, and it didn't seem like anything, either. Sort of how people get used to driving 70 miles one way, and it doesn't seem so far. I listened to a preacher named Ted Bellows last night...with a name like Bellows...
...well, you know. Now for the test!
DO NOT READ THE OPENING LINE AT THE TOP OF THE POST. In it, I asked how good your memory was. Now, let's see.
Which is the correct opening line:
- How very good is the memory in that skull of yours? We'll find out.
- How very good is the memory in that skull of yours? Let's see.
- How very good is that memory in that skull of yours? We'll find out.
- How very good is that memory in that skull of yours? Let's see.
- How good is the memory in that skull of yours? We'll find out.
- How good is the memory in that skull of yours? Let's see.
- How very good is the memory inside of your skull? We'll find out.
- How very good is the memory inside of your skull? Let's see.
If you dare comment, please let me know how what you guessed. I bet my mom will get it right. I'll probably stop by the store tonight and buy some cucumbers, instant coffee, and Ovaltine.
No comments:
Post a Comment